0

Wen Fei's big day

As Wen Fei said, this was going to be a weekend of eating.

Lovely ladies at the "lao tia" night (the only other person besides Wen Fei in the middle that I know is Ching Ling who is dressed in pink)



It started on Friday night, which was the "lao tia" night at her parents' place. Buffet from Hai Lee.

Wen Fei and me, together with her two co-workers
Saturday morning was the "collect the bride" ceremony and chi muis session. I chose to not be chi muis this day. Followed by the church ceremony at the Chinese Methodist Church at Madras Lane. It was very solemn and very short and sweet. The only problem was that it was a Chinese church so the ceremony, prayers, hymms, Bible reading and pretty much everything else. Even the Bible was completely in Mandarin! I was to be honest quite LOST. A couple of time Li Li had to reach over and point to the line we were supposed to be singing. At one point when the assistant pastor was about to read the Book of Genesis from the Bible, I frantically rummaged through the pages to find the Book of Genesis. What on earth do you call the Book of Genesis in Mandarin? At this point, Li Li told me, "Chin Chin give up." And I did.



Chia Voon, me, Wen Fei and Li Li (the Oregon girls) at dinner

Dinner at night was at the E&O hotel (fancy schmancy...). It started with a cocktail in which they actually had red wine served together with some cutsey pastries like mini cream puffs, bit-sized chocolate cupcakes and tartlets. Dinner was served really slowly. There was a lot of pauses in between courses. The deep fried baby squid reminded me of Ester's wedding last June. Sadly, they were as hard as they were the previous year. No improvement. There was some weird orange coloured soup which was supposed to be a pumpkin sharkfins. Well, it has been my personal crusade for the past three years to fight the consumption of sharkfins due to the unmerciful killing of sharks for that. STOP THE MURDER! SAVE THE SHARKS! I shall now go hug a tree... I love the "Pei Pa Duck" course. And pretty much didn't care much for the others. The wine was young and very tannic.

0 comments: