0

Goodbye 2007... Hello 2008!


My New Year resolution for 2008 is to start a blog. Previously, especially in the past 3 years I have had random postings on my fotopages, my photo groups online and communication via email. I thought it would be a good idea to put it all together and have a blog.

So my first official posting would be my New Year's eve celebration with Lynn, Brandon, Pascal and Kooi.

It started with dinner at May Garden where we had roasted suckling piglet! Aiks, I think Lynn and I were a little taken aback. I hadn't had roasted suckling piglet since Yee Ma's 70th birthday. And I don't if Lynn ever eats pork. Hahaha... Nevertheless, we toasted the piglet's life... a tad bit disturbing, if you asked me but I ended eating it. It was lovely, and I enjoyed it. So did Lynn. All that yummy crispy skin with that thin layer of fat.



Kooi then suggested Beach Blanket Babylon for dessert. I met co-workers Pei Lynn, Hsu, Kit Fong and Satchi there. I met a countless other people I know throughout the night. The dessert was SO disappointing and based on feedback from Pei Lynn and Hsu, so was the food. Well, I was going to give the restaurant a try but now I think I pass. Lynn was so sweet! She rememberd that I am fan of Earl Grey and wanted to order a pot for me while I was away catching up with my co-workers.

Pascal, Brandon, Lynn and Me



Lynn, Kooi and me

After that we sort of decided on Karaoke at an unnamed Karaoke place only to discover that it doesn't offer that on New Year's eve. So I suggested D-joint. We ended up upstairs because it was full out front and surprise, surprise, there was Karaoke there. I think Pasal looked so lost because it was mostly Mandarin and Cantonese. I sang The Eagles "Love Will Keep Us Alive". Naomi and Agnes joined us and we proceeded to move downstairs for the countdown.


Pascal, Lynn and me


Naomi, Agnes, Pascal and me



Brandon, Pascal and Kooi

The night was great. The countdown was simple although it was riot outside with fake snow in cans and lots and lots of confetti and what looks to be like rubberized streamers from a aerosol can. I regulated my drinking. I only had two glasses of red wine at dinner, a beer with Karaoke and a pint of Guiness. I definitely didn't want to end this New Year wasted.

Lynn and I booked ourselves into a twin room at the Hutton Lodge (http://www.huttonlodge.com/) for only RM55 a night with free breakfast! You cannot beat such a deal! With that we got free parking for the night since we actually walked to Upper Penang Road. We end up buying some burgers and teh tarik before Kooi dropped us back. Capped the night with a nice shower and the not-so-nice burger. Then snuggled into bed.

Happy 2008 everyone!

0 comments: