0

Sunday Adventures

Darn! As usual being careless, I accidentally closed the tab when I was about to complete blogging..and here I am trying to remember and retyping them again...*sigh*

Haven't been blogging close to half a year. Used to own a blogging site at http://www.xanga.com/lynnguan. Last posted my entry on August 22 2007. Since Chin decided to start a blog in 2008 as part of her TO-DO LIST in 2008, decided to combine a blog with her so that if I'm too lazy to blog, hopefully there will be still posting from her (right Chin? *grin*)

Had an early start of the day today. As usual, on Sunday we will normally try to do our long run with our running group. Nearly overslept till I got a wake up call at 5.10am. Left home at 5.25am. Was supposed to pick Chin up at 5.30am and meet with the rest of our running friends (Tsen, Wei Chern and Ramesh) in Youth Park Car Park at 6am. Managed to swing by Chin's house at 5.40am and reach on time at Youth Park. Thought we will be late but to our suprise, we were the earliest! We did a 17km run today (Route: Youth Park-Copthorne Hotel - End of Gurney - Youth Park) - See screen shot of route below

Mapped using Route Planner from RunnersWorld Training Log


Chin had a good run today, not so much for me. As usual I was struggling towards the end heading back to Youth Park and got stopped by a couple in a car trying to find their way to KDU College (not too sure if I gave a good direction to the couple- I hope so! :)). Thank god they didn't end up doing 25km. Since the run ended early, Chin and I decided to have breakfast with Wei Chern and Tsen near a 'kopitiam' (coffee house)at Tanjung Bungah market before heading off for dragon boat practice at 9.00am. Since next week I will be out of town, decided to attend todays session. I like the training session today though my shoulder and arms are falling apart now! Guess I LOVE pain! Training session ends around 12pm. By the time we finish bathing it was already 12.30pm, Chin called Naomi to confirm our lunch plan. Met up with Naomi and Pierric at New World Park at 1pm. We went to The Boulevard for lunch. All of us had the set lunch and ordered a bottle of French Wine - Chateau de Seguin 2004. I ordered Grilled Sea Bass with Tomato Vinaigrette as my main, Pierric and Chin had Duck Confit with potato gratin top with hazelnut Vinaigrette and red wine , while Naomi ordered the Grilled Chicken (I couldn't really remember the full name of the dishes besides duck confit). The mushroom soup wasn't that bad. Quite like it..but if only they were tad bit creamy and a little more mushroom. Chin offered me a small piece of her duck confit, didn't like the texture of the meat and tad bit salty for my liking. Chin did mention the same about the saltiness. She like the grilled sea bass. By the time we finished our lunch, it was close to 3pm. Dropped Chin's home and headed back.Weather was killing! HOT HOT HOT! arrgghhh



[Top to Bottom] Sea Bass, Salad, Wine, Soup, Duck Confit


Lynn

0 comments: