0

The quest for the best Maggi mee goreng in Penang

I am on a quest for the best Maggi goreng in Penang. I became a HUGE fan of Maggi mee goreng after my cousin brought me to a stall in Serdang, near my university about five to six years ago. Unfortunately, that superb stall closed down not too long after. Since then each time I go to a new mamak stall, I try the Maggi mee goreng in search for one that could come close to being like that superb plate.
My criteria for Maggi mee goreng is that they must use the perencah Maggi that comes with the pack of instant noodles. I know some people don't care for that and some find it awful. But I love it that way!
Right now the absolute best, in my opinion is a smaller (which I like, no huge after-party crowds), more discreet stall at the corner of Jalan Burma and Jalan Transfer.
On Monday night, Lynn and I decided to try a new place just further down Jalan Transfer nearer to the Jalan Sri Bahari turn. This stall opens from morning to night. Hard working mamak! The stall did look a bit sketchy at first because the tables were place in a badly lit alley beside some buildings. It also looked very sleepy. I was a tad bit hesitant but when the plate of Maggi mee goreng arrived, I was pleasantly surprised! It might actually rival my favourite, so far. Sadly, Lynn's roti bakar was not as good as our regular place.
By the way, the waiter at this stall is damn blur! He attempted to bring just about everything served to our table... if it was free food, he can keep it coming!

Simple but yummy plate of Maggi mee goreng

Sadly the not-so yummy roti bakar

-Chin-

Photography credits: Lynn

0 comments: