0

Friday Night Out

Chin, Emily and myself were heading for a mixed media performance called Storm in a Box at 8pm at Sea Front, opposite St. Xaviers Institute. The play was a mixture of dance installation, drama and music. Before heading over for the play, 3 of us decided to head over to Chulia Street for dinner. All 3 of us had wan tan mee at my favourite stall. Somehow the noodles today was slighlty different then the normal noodles texture I always had from the aunty. *sniff* Was wondering if they changed their noodles vendor. *sigh* Anyway the sauce was still good.. so it wasn't that bad after all. I still enjoyed it. For dessert, Chin bought a piece of carrot cake & lemon cake from Rainforest ( the bakery is just across the street from the wan tan mee stall ). We shared the cake among ourselves. We didn't like the lemon cake - the filling was actually decent enough for my liking but the crust was too soft. The carrot cake on the other hand was good. Yummy.... (Hey Chin..Thanks for getting the cake for us ). After our dinner, Emily drove all of us to the play venue. ( Thanks Em! ). I was impress with the idea of their props setting and the stuffs they used for the sound effects ( minus the point where they used black plastic bags and it flew into the sea...GULP~tad bit disturbed by it...BLARGH) It was indeed unique, but the play was a bit too messy for my liking. Anyway the play overall was not too bad. Good attempt I would say. [besides I got to enjoy the sea breeze :)]

L to R: Carrot Cake, Lemon Cake, Wan Tan Mee

After the play, we headed over to 32 At the Mansion [first time for me there ...call me a Penangite...*shy*]. It's a colonial building by the sea. I would have choose to sit at the patio if the weather was good that night. Each of us ordered a drink. We ordered banana & peach crumble and a piece of coffee cake [err or was it an almond coffee cake :P ] which was on their cake of the day menu. Both desserts were actually quite good. I love both of them! YUMMMYYYYYYYY... Em and Chin both love the desserts too.


Banana & Peach Crumble

Almond Coffee Cake

0 comments: