1

Unsatisfying FRIDAY lunch :(

Chin quests for maggi goreng continues. Since we had 2 hours lunch break, we decided to try out the maggi goreng in town. She found out about this mamak stall through someone's blog
(http://gnowznew.blogspot.com/2008/01/i-kinda-like-mee-goreng.html) while she was hunting for her best maggi goreng in Penang recommendation. It suppose to be VERY NICE. We were not sure what time does the stall opens, so we decided just to try out luck. The stall was just a small stall at the corner of a car park located along Anson Road. Took us about few minutes to locate the stall when we drove into the car park as we enter the entrance there were another stall selling "Nasi Melayu". I was eager to try out the maggi goreng. I guess Chin was more eager to try it out after reading it so much on the blog *grin*. We ordered and get ourself seated. Waited about 25 minutes...GOSHHH....FINALLLY...( drum rolls ) our maggi goreng was served. Look at the noodles - FIRST DISAPPOINTMENT - seems to be soaked in too much sauce. Picked up my fork dive for the noodles - Major DISAPPOINTMENT - does appear to be noodles I was expecting to taste * double sigh* - Too spicy, too much sauce killed the flavored of the maggi not forgetting a whole splattered of pepper on top of my egg....( If I was still a chilly/spicy eater I guess I might had like it ) Chin didn't like the noodles either. My throat and stomach was burning after that...I BANNED this place...Well actually I guess the noodles wasn't bad but just that my taste for it was different. This stall was actually featured in New Straits Times in 2007. I guess its good to have it featured.... BURP

Lynn

1 comments:

Jasmine said...

Food..FOOD!!! GIMME MORE FOOD!!!