0

King's Bay Restaurant, Bayan Bay, Penang

Today is me mum's birthday. Her birthday is very easy to remember 123... January 23rd.

The six of us (parents, grandpa, aunt, bro and me) went to King's Bay restaurant for dinner. We had curry pork ribs, some tofu with sea cucumbers, eggplant with anchovie slivers, stir fried choy sum, baked red grouper in claypot and fried chicken with onion rings. My favourite dish was surprisingly the fried chicken with onions. The deep fried onion rings complemented the deep fried chicken perfectly. The baked red grouper in claypot was a bit like steamed fish, except that this was cooked with claypot. DUH! The eggplants were disappointing (Lynn, if you were here you would definitely, definitely be disappointed).



Tofu with sea cucumber




Eggplant with slivered anchovies





Curry pork ribs





Deep fried chicken and onions

Baked red grouper in claypot

The happy family (with my not-so-happy brother)

Total cost of the dinner was about RM99.80. Nice number for Chinese :). However, out of that cost, about RM15 came from tea, rice, peanuts and towels. In my opinion, that is the most wasteful part of Chinese dinner. If it has been me, I would have rejected the peanuts and towels. But my dad said, it is okay. So never mind. If my parents want that so be it.

To be honest, I preferred the quality of food from Double Good. It is comparable in price to Double Good as well. Given the choice, I would choose Double Good in future if my parents want to eat decent and affordable Chinese rice and dishes.


-Chin-

0 comments: