0

Laksa Tanjung Bungah

I had dragonboat photoshoot and practise at 3.30pm that day followed by a college reunion photoshoot and dinner at 5pm. The college reunion photoshoot was to take place at the beach across from the Penang cultural center on the way to Teluk Bahang. So I decided to attend the dragonboat photoshoot but had to skip dragonboat training. As I was driving and almost arriving at my destination, I got a call from Suans who then proceeds to tell me that it had to be postponed to 5.45pm because Malcolm the photographer couldn't make it until then. ARGH!

I could have actually made dragonboat practise actually! ARGH!

So anyway, since I was very hungry I decided to try out the Laksa Tanjung Bungah I read about in some else's blog. It might have been a bad decision because I had to backtrack almost back to the dragonboat training area. Nevertheless I had time so...

The spot is on the right as you are driving up to Batu Ferringhi area. The first beachside/roadside Malay food stalls after Mar Vista. The one unique thing I read about the Laksa Tanjung Bungah is that it has a hard boiled egg. But when my plate of laksa arrived there is was no hard boiled egg. so I peeled one of my own off a communal plate. The laksa was really quite good. More sweet and spicy than sour, unlike the Chinese ones. The price was reasonable but unfortunately the portion was really small. Very little noodles and almost no veggies. Cost RM2.00 but add another RM0.50 for the hard boiled egg.


Laksa Tanjung Bungah

The sign you see by the roadside

The view from the stall, pretty nice

-Chin-

0 comments: