0

Day 6... the ultimate Portland Philly cheesesteak

I apologize if all my run data is now in miles because that's all I have to work with now.

I decided to run Forest Park (http://www.forestparkconservancy.org/) which is a huge network of trails for hiking, running and biking at the northwest park of the city. Simply amazing that a city can have such a huge park nearby. Annie had once ran the 30-mile trail here. I did my 20-miler here as well, almost 2 years ago when I was training for Portland Marathon. This time I return on Thursday evening to do Lief Eirckson trail which was 11.4miles in total length, one way. I decided to run as far as I could one way for 45mins and then turn around. It wasn't meant to be a tough one, just challenging enough. The run was great! I enjoyed it tremendously, there were enough people and bikers not to feel creeped out but they were so spread out it didn't intrude on your running privacy.

After the run I met up with some Maniacs, Brett and Asian John and we went to Tributes, for some awesome Philly cheesesteak, probably the best that Portland has to offer and I have Ben who is a true Philadelpher to vouch for that.


Philly cheesesteak with the works - peppers, onions, Swiss cheese and mushroom with hot sauce on the side
After that we headed off to one of my favourite local microbrewery, the Lucky Labrador for a pint. I had the Nitro Porta.

-Chin Chin-

0 comments: