2

Day 4... record high temperatures

Portland early morning news reported that the city will be seeing record high temperatures today. Something around 33 degress celsuis with high humidity. Pooh! Only 33 degrees? Humidity? I thought I had it beat as I set off on my attempt at a 6-mile round around the Tom McCall Waterfront to the Vera Katz Eastbank Esplanade.

Before I begin, Portland was voted top 25 best running cities by Runner's World magazine.
http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-362--10142-0,00.html

And the Vera Katz Eastbank Esplanade is one of their recommended runs. One loop is 3miles and I intended to do 2 loops. I started out pretty fast, which is always a bad idea. I wanted to run hard and I thought I could deal with the heat but I couldn't. It was scorching heat unlike the humidity of Malaysian hit. My skin burned from the sun on it. I ended up pushing myself real and hard doing only 5km, of with I felt almost like passing out.

This is where I start running from.

Then across the Hawthorne bridge

This is the docks where we dragonboat from!

-Chin Chin-

2 comments:

LG said...

Nice view! I want to run here too.. :(

Anonymous said...

Did the rumbling sounds of tyres drive you nuts when you ran across Hawthorne bridge? :D
Good thing it's summer because the bridge gets slippery during rainy winter days. I felt my car slip a few times when I drove over that bridge last time.