1

Day 3... the eat fest continues

Ok, before I forget. THANK YOU KENNETH LIM for loaning me your camera on this trip!

So the thing I like about Oregon is that I know places having lived here. I can drive out and not get lost. I know where to run. I know where to eat. I have friends, so I am not lonely.

Today I did a 10-miler (about 17km on my GPS watch) around the Portland waterfront in friggin 11 degrees celsuis in my shorts! Because you know why? It is supposed to be summer and warm and I didn't pack warm things . The first km I was shivering from head-to-toe and my legs wouldn't move because they were pretty much frozen. I think my ears hurt from the cold wind. And I saw two women running in tank tops! HAR?!?

Check out my run data here:
http://connect.garmin.com/activity/486829



Lunch: Byways Cafe, your typical American diner, you can't get more American than that.



Had the classic American breakfast, eggs sunny side up, sausages, bacon, potatoes and toast with coffee.

Dinner: I had dinner at my favourite Cajun place, Le Bistro Montage. This restaurant is run by lots of artsy people so it is a lot of fun. Plus one unique thing about this place is that there are no individual tables. Think back to eating arrangements like in your school canteen days. A bunch of table joined together to form a long row and you seat wherever.



I had the spicy macaroni and cheese with grilled chicken. I think this is the only place I would eat mac and cheese. Because the cheese doesn't overpower the dish. I also had a bottle of Mickey's beer and a glass of Tempranillo.



-Chin Chin-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seeing them running in tank top.....i know how you feel:)Anyway the breakfast set with bacon really GOT ME DROOLING. Gotta get GTS to make me one of those :D Am so busy these few days, although i enjoy everybit of it, still i need to find time and unwind. Let's go have some beer when you are back!
- Liyen