4

Race report: 1st Race of the year - Pacemakers Network Run

Written by Chin Chin(Tweet)
Happy New Year!

Yesterday, after a long bout of injury-rest-injury-rest stint, I finally came back to a race after a period of absolutely NO running. My first race of the year which was done aptly on 1st January 2009 was the Pacemakers Network Run. The route was a 2.3k x 4 loops around Taman Tasik Perdana.

Thanks goodness it was only 4 loops, the guys had to do 6 loops. So I just wanted to get it over and done with. I tried using the running style seen in Tsen's video and which also incorporates Sam's Chirunning techniques. Basically small but quick strides and using the push off, kick-back style where you utilize your glutes. My ass hurts like crazy today though. As I hadn't done any training for about 2 weeks, and since my knee had still been hurting a week before, I ran a very conservative 5:21 min/km. Which is pathethic compared to Lynn's 4:48 min/km. My only kiasu goal was to pass as many women as I can and keep it at that. It was working well for me until about 500meters from the finish line when I got 'sayur-ed' by this girl, Haslinda. Our finish times are just 1 sec apart! I also noticed that once I tried to run faster, all my so-called run techniques just went completely out the window.

Picture courtesy of Tey

CONGRATULATIONS Lynn on a superb 2nd place finish! She only lost of to Michelle Tan so this is definitely a very good result.

Picture courtesy of Tey

Cheers! Here’s to a good race year ahead!

4 comments:

Frank Chong said...

CONGRATZ on a wonderful performance and start to the new year.

p/s: Trophy is for display, not for Milo. :p

Chin Chin said...

Thanks, Frank! The trophy is with Lynn so you've got to tell her to stop drinking Milo out of it!

C-CUBE said...

Just rest well and u will come back stronger. no point rushing over it as it may cause more harm than good. seeya again when you are in town.

Chin Chin said...

Thanks, Choi! I did take a much needed break from running over Xmas and New Year. Hope I am able to run well for GE (which is the next time I'll be in town).