0

Short Weekend Trip to Kuala Lumpur

Went down to Kuala Lumpur (KL) for a 2 days 1 night trip last weekend. Chin was sending her brother back to KL for his new college semester so decided to follow her down since it has been sometimes since I went there. Started our journey around 7am. Chin did the driving. I was not fully awake yet *yawn*. We stopped by Ipoh famous place for food - Ipoh Old Town. Normally we will eat in Kong Heng Kopitiam, but this time we went to the shop beside it - Thean Chun, as recommended by our friend Aan Chien. We still ordered our regular "poh piah" (spring roll) from Khong Heng. Chin, Lean Seng and myself ordered the Ipoh "hor fun"[what is hor fun?]. I had mine dry while Chin and Lean Seng ordered the soup base. As usual the "hor fun" in Ipoh never disappoint me ( yet )
Thean Chun Cofee Shop
Location: Jalan Bandar Timah, Ipoh Old Town. Open mornings and afternoons only


From L to R: Soup Hor Fun, Dried Hor Fun, Poh Piah

We continued on our journey after a 2 hours break. By then I guess I was fully awake. Chin got tired along the journey, so I offered to take over the wheels. (Nervous! Reason being I had never drove Chin's car on the highway before and besides her car is auto. I find driving an auto car is much harder then a manual ! Weird... Anyway I SURVIVED! Bah!)
We reached KL around 12pm. Headed over to Bin Bin's place in Bangsar. Chin's being my GPS system *grin*. Unloaded some of the stuff out before heading out for lunch. We decided to try out Jackson's Burger in Section 14, Petaling Jaya (outside 148 Jalan 14/29 to be exact). A few blogs actually recommended this place for burger. To be honest, this place was hard to find. We got semi lost in the hunt for the place, with me being an idiot on maps. We stopped by along the way to ask people around the area. None seems to know where is Jalan 14/29. [GOSH] Anyway with Chin's being a better map reader person, she roughly figured out the route from the map I printed. [Phew!]. Each of us ordered a burger. Chin, Bin Bin, Lean Seng had the beef burger while I being the ought one had the chicken burger. The burger was pretty small [enough to filled my stomach though] My verdict on the burger : Nothing spacial of the burger, its a typical classic Ramly Burger (minus the lots of sauce portion in the burger). I still prefer the Hill Side burger in Penang.

Smile! - Chin and me
The burger...
After the long wait...finally the burger has arrived :)

We proceed to Chin's god sis place after lunch.

0 comments: