0

The last part of our KL Trip

I guess I better try to update the last part of our KL trip before I get lazy. [wait a minute...I'm lazy now actually...hmmph] After the "food feast" yesterday, everyone woke up early that morning. We need to leave the house same time as Si Wan and Meryvn left the house for church. Everyone was pretty much alert [perhaps just good enough to wake up , get shower and changed :)]After exchanging thank you and hugs with Si Wan and Meryvn with their nice hospitality, Chin, Pinny, Bins and Lean Seng and myself left. Headed for breakfast somewhere in TTDI. Didn't hit me at that point to remember the coffee shop name. All I remember was the coffee shop is opposite a bank. Blargh. All of us ordered the pork balls noodles. The noodles and the pork balls [don't get it wrong for the part of pig..please] are served separately. I think they included 2 slice of pork salami [thats what I thought it was...haha]

The pork balls and the dry bowl of noodles

After breakfast, we headed over Bangsar to drop off Bins and Seng. After stopping by for a while and getting direction from Bins, the remaining 3 musketeers headed over the new shopping mall - The Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. The first thing that we did before we even walk around was to head over to JCo. donuts [yum!]. Just couldn't resist the soft fluffy creamy donuts...besides we didn't want to be stucked in a long queue if we go there later. We walked around quite a bit and all 3 of us ended up at Espressamente Illy coffee house. All of us ordered the recommended Fondente [Latte!]. To be honest, it was a nice drink. Not just normal plain diluted Latte [bluek]...SLURP.. OOOoo.. Pinny ordered Neve Fondente[Cold Latte :P]

Just realized I forgot to take the pics after drinking the Fondente..Wopps

Recommended!
Espressamente ILLY
Add: Lot 3-10-00, Level 3, Pavilion @ 168 Jalan Bukit Bintang, KL

Spent about an hour there before we headed over Yut Kee Kopitiam in Dang Wangi for lunch.Called my brother to ask for direction. :) Checked out the route as well from the net [of course not me who did the map reading - I try to avoid doing it if possible - grin]

It was around 2pm when we reached there, the shop wasn't so crowded. Though I could say most of the tables are occupied. I was sad when they told me the p0rk chop has finished :(. We ordered a few type of food as per recommended by some food blogs.

Yut Kee Kopitiam
Add: 35, Jln Dang Wangi, Kuala Lumpur,Wilayah Persekutuan
Tel : 0322988108

From top left hand corner : Hainase Chicken Chop [Chicken fillet fried in a batter with a mix salad of onions, peas and potatoes] kaya roll, marble cake, stewed beef noodle, fried hokkien mee [we wanted Hainan mee...guess we mixed up our order] and the soup which came with the noodles [radish soup].

Of all the meal I enjoyed the Hainase Chicken Chop the best, followed by the stewed beef noodles. Didn't enjoyed the fried hokkien mee, guess Penang hokkien char taste much better. [Bah]. Chin and Pinny didn't enjoy the fried noodles as well.

After lunch, its time to head over to Semenyih to drop Pinny back. Pinny keep saying the place is "ulu" (malay word for remote/backwards )..HAHA ! Well I guess in somewhere..since the place is just houses and small shopping mall. Look much like Butterworth and grandma's home town. Took about an hour plus to reach Pinny's house. Spend sometime there to set up her new pc [Wooo]. I was so blur...plugged the monitor cable into the wrong place and took me about 15 minutes that I wasn't plugging into the correct place.[*sweat*]Luckily we didn't move the CPU to her friend's house down the road and figure it out. [That would be so embarrassing!]. Chin and myself left Semenyih at around 6pm plus to head home to Penang. Chin's was sad to leave her sister behind [hugz] Well totally understand since I always have the same feelings when my bro comes back to Penang and its time for him to leave. [call it siblings bonding]

We stopped by Ipoh to have dinner. We went to "Tong Sui Kai"[Dessert Street/Rainbow City] for dinner. Thanks to Ann Chien for directing us there through the phone. There are varieties of food here. Its located opposite Sam Tet Primary School. Chin ordered a fried rice from one of the hawker stall - the lady wasn't too nice :(. I hate grumpy hawker sellers! Both of us ordered the "fu chok yee mai"[bean curd, barley with ginkgo - basically they boils the bean curd until it dissolve into water form]
Fu Chok Yee MaiFried Rice

-Lynn-

0 comments: