0

It kinda sucks to run alone :(

My running partner is travelling to her mum's hometown of Terengganu for Chinese New Year! SOB! My running group is busy. So I ran alone today. Couldn't miss out on today's run as I imagine the amount of food I will be consuming over the next four days.

I practically had to drag myself out of bed. The intention was to wake up at 6am and get running by 7am. I didn't manage to get myself up until 6.15am. And I plodded around VERY slowly getting ready. I intended to run around Air Itam dam to train myself on some hills but I considered the crazy marketing crowd I will probably meet driving up there so I changed my running plans to Botanical-Jesselton.

Target distance: 10km.
Target time: 55 minutes (5:30 min/km)

I did managed to reach the Youth Park parking lot at 6:53am. I was still so darn sleepy and it was still so darn dark that I actually took a 5-minute power nap in my car. I really like running in the morning as the weather is so cool. Plus at 7am, you pretty much have the roads to yourself. The start of the run can be best described as sluggish. My body and brain was still asleep. As I entered Botanicals it got a little bit better. I suffered on the hills in Botanicals and Jesselton. On good days I can chug up it with a pretty good pace. But on both occasions today I felt my pace slacking off quite a bit at the end.


I ended up taking 56:21 about 1:21 minute worse than my target. Grrr... I need more hill training and definitely more interval training.
-Chin-

0 comments: