1

I am an aspiring chef

Today I made a citrus and avocado salad for Li Yen's potluck birthday party. It was made off a recipe from Food and Wine. The prep time was supposed to be about 35 minutes. But it took me an hour alone to peel the grapefruit and oranges! It is a complicated job to "release the fruit from its membranes" as the recipe called for. Thanks to the lack of ingredients, I did have to do some compromising and substitution. The good thing was that the salad was an absolute hit! And finish in about 30 minutes.

Oh and in the process of making this salad I found out that watercress was in actual fact "sai yong choi". Haha... watercress is just the fancy-schmancy name.

Citrus and Avocado Salad (with "sai yong choi" and pine nuts)

Lynn very dillgently tossing the salad

-Chin-

1 comments:

LG said...

LG: I love the salad!YUMMMMM! Thanks Chin Chin!