3

Day 1: Melbourne

I had a simple breakfast of fresh peach, muesli and yoghurt before I set off to meet my father and sister, Bins who were staying with my Uncle Michael. My mum woke up late and when we went to Uncle Michael's place, there was a lot of dilly dallying waiting for my sister and mum to get ready. By the time we left it was almost lunch time.

It was suppose to be a free and easy day. The plan was to hit the DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) so my sister can do some massive shopping. Uncle Brian dropped us off at the Boxhill train station to take the train into the city. When we arrived we decide to walk down to the Docklands for lunch. It was quite a walk but we made it and had a pretty good lunch at a Middle Eastern restaurant called Mecca Bah.

After that we took the tram back up and stopped by Krispy Kreme for a few donuts and coffee. We had the classic original glazed (the ones in US still tasted better) and a chocolate iced custard filled. We then seriously hit the DFO where my sister tried to find some boots and a jacket. I tried to entertain some wishful thinking by trying on triathlete suits at the 2XU outlet.

The cherry on the cake has to be dinner with Lynn's best friend, Jasmine at the Crown. We met at the Brasserie by Philippe Mouchel. I had the "Spanner crab salad, avocado cream, confit tomato, eggplant" for appetiser and "Duck breast with braised daikon, onion chutney, confit leg spring rolls, spiced jus" for entree. Together with that we shared a bottle of wine the Cape Mentelle Cabernet-Merlot. We ended with the "Dark chocolate fondant, raspberry compote and sorbet ". Perfect. I was so stuff and so guilty for indulging so much!

A BIG THANK YOU TO JASMINE FOR TREATING ME! As I said at dinner and will say again, you shouldn't have!

Overall a great start to my time in Melbourne. So much more to look forward to!

Alcohol intake: 1 glass white wine + 1/2 bottle red wine

(Pics to follow)

-Chin Chin-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems to have a splendid Dinner..YUM! Told you my best friend can recommend really good place when come to eating..and yes she love WINE too..maybe hard liquor too..*devil smile*..she going to strangle me if she read this.. :P

Anonymous said...

People there are nuts about their dessert huh... Indulge yourself there! And yeah, drink the booze since water is just a little cheaper than alcohol there. :D

Chin Chin said...

Thanks Lynn and GTS!