1

Run your guts out

Temperature according to Yahoo temperature is 31C despite being 6pm already. I headed out to run around the so-called Intel running track. The intention was to run like Lynn does, as hard as you can until you just break. I made sure I did a warmup of 1k at about 5:40 min/km and then I took off running as hard as I could. I didn't allow myself to check my Garmin. The intention was just to push to the max.

The results are my splits as such:
1km: 5:40
2km: 4:53
3km: 4:47
4km: 4:59
5km: 5:16
6km: 5:09

Average pace: 5:09 min/km

5km time: 25mins (excluding the first km of warmup)

By the 3rd km, I was seeing white spots in front of my eyes and my breathing just couldn't keep up with my legs. Almost passed out when I ended. I had to walk it off while I continue to gulp down some fresh air. So this is what it would need to feel like to run a 1:45 half marathon.

-Chin-

1 comments:

Frank Chong said...

Take it easy, especially when you are alone. Remember that Rome isn't built in a day.