5

Powerman 2009

Ribbit and I did our first ever DU on Sunday at Powerman 2009. It was a really fun albeit torturous experience. Congrats to my partner in crime for a super 5th placing!
Hooray for all THG members for were fabulous race company this weekend. Thumbs up to all the fabulous WWW folks - Sun Nee (2nd place), Mee Lan, Sarah, Oy Leen, Eric, Andre, Hooi Fang who all did superbly! Sarah, Oy Leen and Eric were part of Team Airborne who place 2nd in the mixed relay category.
Myself, managed to pull into a top ten finish and place 10th. Not much to shout about.Here are lots of pictures as they say, pictures paint a thousand words.

Ribbit looking all so serious on her first lap of run. Just beside her is Veron.

Me only a pretty lonely first DU.

Limping out of the bike transition

Returning after my bike loop. Note that I now only have one water bottle. Thanks to my stupidity, I opted not to wear bike gloves during this race resulting in my hands getting completely numbed from all the vibrations on the handlebar. I dropped my water bottle not too long after the U-turn. I decided not to go after it. But hey, I actually have the fastest T2 time in the sprint results! 51 seconds. Hahaha...

Thanks to Lie Wei, her sis and her parents who drove almost 90km from Taiping to watch crazy people run and cycle in the heat!

We look happy with our tiny finisher's medals. Full DU folks get a much bigger and nicer one!


With our dear friend, Saya.

Messing around with Lynn after the race.
Hopefully next year we will both be fit enough and injury free to attempt the full race distance. I'll definitely DU it again!







5 comments:

LieWei said...

Good job Tweet & Ribbit for completing the Sprint Powerman!
You gals look great in the photos :)

Chin Chin said...

Thanks for coming out to support us, Lie Wei!

Anonymous said...

heyya !congrats to both of you !!!


and nice to see u girls having fun in the sun !!!


julie

Chin Chin said...

Thanks a lot, Julie!

Saya said...

thanx tweet & ribbit for the 'dear friend saya' comment! i am very honoured ;-D