1

Congratulations GTS!

I want to post a special tribute to my friend, Teng Sun who completed his maiden marathon. Teng Sun's first marathon bring back lots of memories for me as he ran Portland Marathon. It was also my first marathon in October 2006.
Here are some pics that his wife, Li Yen shared with our group of friends.

Looking happy which is great! I don't recall looking this happy when I ran it.




The classic Portland Marathon Finisher's T

I went through some pretty old photos and found some photos of me during my first marathon.

Finally, I cross the finishing line after hitting "The Wall" at around 30km.

Wrapped with a thermal blanket as it is 16C out there!

Talking to my friends who came support me. Great to see familiar faces on the course.

The only photo I have with my medal and Finisher's T. I was sure sulking about something!



-tweet-


1 comments:

run262rest said...

Thank you Tweet for this blog post! I wouldn't have started towards going this distance if it's not for you and Ribbit who showed everyone around you that if you believe in yourself, running any distance can be achieved. This is my first marathon only and it's really superbly organized. Hopefully it has not spoiled me for future marathons. So many goodies at the end that I used my space blanket as a sack to carry them all! :)

GTS